Today’s word of the day is ‘Serenity.’ Let us understand more about this word.
serenity [ suh–ren-i-tee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
4. Peace of mind
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Shaanti
2. Spanish – Serenidad
3. French – Sérénité
4. Mandarin – Níngjìng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Yet, in spite of this and other trials, he seems to have preserved his serenity of spirit.
2. The difference only between the eagle and the vulture,—serenity or restlessness.
3. He did not, however, manage to disturb her serenity at all during the afternoon.
4. Her smile came back to her face, together with her serenity.
5. He looked taller, his face shone with a serenity that seemed to transfigure him.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
calmness, composure, patience, stillness, tranquillity, cool, peace, placidity, quietness, quietude etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
agitation, disruption, disturbance, excitement, trouble
God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!