Today’s word of the day is ‘Slick.‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi- Cheekna
2. Spanish – Resbaloso(Masculine); Resbalosa(Feminine)
3. French – Nappe
4. Mandarin – Guānghuá de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Why you should avoid using the sable, as a rule, is that it will make the painting too “slick” and edgy.
2. I want to worry whether my legs will get slick and brown when I swim in the summer.
3. He licked them up with a slick bronzy tongue and spat a thick wad of honey-brown juice into the empty teacup.
4. The sombre bell metal was slick as if oiled and absorbed light without refracting it.
5. Don’t you crowd that slick, greasy-looking place; there ain’t nine feet there; she won’t stand it.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
glossy, greasy, icy, oily, shiny, sleek, slippery, lubricious, oleaginous, sleeky, slithery, soapy etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
dry, dull, amateurish, clumsy, coarse, rough, stupid, unclever, unintelligent, unpolished etc.
During the course of the seven years I played scenes with an oil slick, I played a scene with a grain of rice. Sometimes with indescribable creatures. I remember having a conversation with something which was simply a smell, that’s all. It was part of our job.
This is crazy!!! #BTSoklahomaARMY be careful out there, the roads are very slick!! If u can, just try to stay home, listen & stream our boys @BTS_twt if your anxiety gets too much…..im secretly listening at work to help mine 🤫
— BTSxOklahoma (@OklahomaxBTS) January 1, 2021
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now! Click here to read.