Today’s word of the day is ‘Slither.’ Let us understand more about this word.
slither [ slith -er ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
4. Move smoothly
How is the word ‘Slither‘ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Ludhakana
2. Spanish – Deslizarse
3. French – Glisser
4. Mandarin – Huáxíng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. “I can’t stand things that scuttle and slither and crawl,” said Ives.
2. We slither and slide to the bottom of the pit and gather fragments of steel.
3. If you don’t move fast, the snake will slither away.
4. You go slither back from wherever you came from.
5. You can slither pine-needles through your fingers as you discuss, too, and it helps you to think.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
crawl, glide, skid, slink, sneak, wriggle, coast, glissade, move, skate, slip, snake, slip, lurch etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
run, stand, walk, gait, stumble
In the James Cameron blockbuster ‘Avatar,’ 3-D cinematography is the real star. The bugs and crawling creatures seem to slither into the theater seats. The floating mountains of the planet Pandora hover gloriously overhead. And the Na’Vi, Pandora’s 10-foot-tall, blue-skinned natives, come convincingly to life.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!