Today’s word of the day is ‘Spawn.’ Let us understand more about this word.
spawn [ spawn ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
2. To generate
3. To issue
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vansh ka vistaar hona
2. Spanish – Aparecer
3. French – Frayer
4. Mandarin – Chǎnshēng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Any theory accounting for the presence of spawn is, therefore, out of the question.
2. Perhaps they migrate to some distant region, where they spawn.
3. Salmon ascend rivers from the sea to spawn.
4. The fish covers its spawn with gravel.
5. Here he describes how black holes might spawn new universes.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
create, generate, father, hatch, issue, make, mother, originate, parent, procreate, reproduce, sire, bring forth, give rise to, engender, inspire etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
destroy, kill, stop, admonish, bemoan, extirpate, prevent from, bite the dust, taunt
Just as it takes time for a speck of fish spawn to develop into a fully grown fish, so, too, we need time for everything that develops and crystallizes in the world of ideas. Architecture demands more of this time than other creative work.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"