Today’s word of the day is ‘Spectacle.’ Let us understand more about this word.
spectacle [ spek-tuh-kuhl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
1. Something showy
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Tamaasha
2. Spanish – Espectáculo
3. French – Spectacle
4. Mandarin – Yǎnjìng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The spectacle as night fell was strange, ominous, but not unpicturesque.
2. It is a spectacle that may inspire the philosopher no less than the artist.
3. There was a hideous fascination in this spectacle stretched before us.
4. He saw himself as he was—or nearly—and the spectacle did not please him.
5. No other city in course of evolution has ever furnished such a spectacle.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
comedy, demonstration, display, drama, event, extravaganza, movie, pageant, parade, performance, phenomenon, scene, sight, spectacular, tableau, curiosity, exposition, marvel, play, production, representation, show, view, wonder etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
hiding, expectation, normality, ordinariness
As great a spectacle as WrestleMania is, there’s something to be said for seeing a guy you like telling stories from the heart from 20 feet away.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"