Today’s word of the day is ‘Succinct.’ Let us understand more about this word.
succinct [ suh k-singkt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
2. To the point
3. In a few words
4. Boiled down
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Sankshipt
2. Spanish – Sucinto
3. French – Succinct
4. Mandarin – Jiǎnjié de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Presents the subject of astronomy in a succinct, popular form.
2. This is the most succinct account that we can give of him and his affairs.
3. This succinct account will not prove unacceptable, we hope, to our readers.
4. This succinct exposé may be useful as a recapitulation of the argument.
5. The accounts of each composer are succinct and yet sufficient.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
blunt, concise, curt, pithy, terse, breviloquent, brusque, compact, compendious, condensed, laconic, short, summary etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
lengthy, long-winded, polite, wordy
It was just the next logical step from making succinct pop songs. What do you do after that? You make pop songs that are longer and more epic, that push the envelope. Imagine your favourite song, or something that you play over and over in the car, except that you don’t have to start it over as much.
How a group of dark money-funded libertarian lobby groups masquerading as objective "thinkthanks" are destroying our democracy. This is the most succinct account I've read yet. https://t.co/lUf33ZqKoy
— Ian Fraser (@Ian_Fraser) September 2, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"