Today’s word of the day is ‘Tenebrous.’ Let us understand more about this word.
tenebrous [ ten–uh-bruh s ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Andhera
2. Spanish – Tenebroso
3. French – Ténébreux
4. Mandarin – Yǒushēng
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Your voice is tenebrous as if An angel mocked a blackbird’s pipe.
2. At what moment will the fierce impurities are borne from its sombre and tenebrous past be hurled up in you?
3. I can’t recall any other detail, but the whole atmosphere was tenebrous and sinister.
4. We have said that the tenebrous darkness of last night had not prepared us for the charms of to-day.
5. This spot, however small, is enough to betray his tenebrous nature.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
ambiguous, amphibological, caliginous, dim, dingy, dusk, dusky, equivocal, gloomy, lightless, murky, obscure, shadowy, shady, sombre, sunless, uncertain, unclear, unexplicit, unilluminated, unintelligible, unlit, vague etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
inviting, light, certain, clear, explicit, illuminated
And all around them, the bestiality of the night rises on tenebrous wings. The vampire’s time has come.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"