Today’s word of the day is ‘Thesis.’ Let us understand more about this word.
thesis [ thee-sis ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Nibandh
2. Spanish – Tesis
3. French – Thèse
4. Mandarin – Lùnwén
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The mere exposition of a thesis would have little or no value.
2. Of this discovery, the first distinct assertion is contained in the thesis of Protagoras.
3. But I would say that your thesis has a remarkably low index of probability.
4. You are obliged to defend a thesis you do not understand, by arguments you cannot measure.
5. That thesis will make or mar you as far as your first job goes.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
contention, hypothesis, opinion, premise, proposition, supposition, theory, contestation, idea, line, point, posit, position, postulate, postulation, presumption, presupposition, principle, proposal, sentiment, statement, surmise, view etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
fact, proof, reality, truth, certainty
In 1903, I finished my doctor’s thesis and obtained the degree. At the end of the same year, the Nobel prize was awarded jointly to Becquerel, my husband and me for the discovery of radioactivity and new radioactive elements.
Successfully defended my PhD thesis today! A huge thank you to everyone who has supported me. It has been an incredibly enjoyable journey! pic.twitter.com/dh2FtyG6hN
— Sophie Morse (@SophieMorse20) September 8, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!