Today’s word of the day is ‘Totter.’ Let us understand more about this word.
totter [ tot-er ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
1. Move falteringly
2. Walk unsteadily
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Ladakhadaate hue chalana
2. Spanish – Tambalearse
3. French – Chanceler
4. Mandarin – Pánshān
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The virtue contained in the things will cause him to totter.
2. There was a great shock, and the cabin seemed to totter on the brink of the chasm.
3. Now he could totter off with a light heart and get a bite of lunch.
4. He now is seen to reel and totter to his cabin, late at night oftentimes.
5. Taking his stick, however, he managed to totter out of the cave.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
careen, lurch, teeter, wobble, blunder, dodder, falter, flounder, hesitate, quake, quiver, reel, rock, roll, seesaw, shake, shimmy, slide, slip, stagger, stammer, stumble, sway, topple, tremble, trip, waver, weave, wheel, zigzag etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
calm, continue, correct, fix, stabilize, stay, steady
For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
In the days of the Ass the Pacaian Mountains shall totter and the country districts shall be deprived of their forest lands:
— Merlin Ambrosius (@Prophetweetiae) August 30, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"