Today’s word of the day is ‘Unobtrusive.’ Let us understand more about this word.
Unobtrusive [uhn-uh b-troo-siv]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun.
1. Not conspicuous or attracting attention
2. Keeping a low profile
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vineet
2. Spanish – Discreta( feminine) and discreto (masculine)
3. French – Discrète (feminine) and discret (masculine)
4. Mandarin – Bù kèqì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. In a quiet, unobtrusive way Bobby was rather proud of himself.
2. And when you do lie awake at night, it is always making its unobtrusive appeal.
3. He left the scene of his daily labors quickly like an unobtrusive shadow.
4. His manners and demeanor were extremely modest and unobtrusive.
5. In a quiet, unobtrusive way Bobby was rather proud of himself.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word of the day are:
Bold, confident, flaunting, noticeable, obtrusive, extrovert, conspicuous, etc.
Very few species have survived unchanged. There’s one called lingula, which is a little shellfish, a little brachiopod about the size of my fingernail, that has survived for 500 million years, but it’s survived by being unobtrusive and doing nothing, and you can’t accuse human beings of that.
TouchWood puts versatile, unobtrusive interfaces inside your desk, table and walls https://t.co/XeZqqR0Mia | by Devin Coldewey
— TechCrunch (@TechCrunch) September 16, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!- Click here to read