Today’s word of the day is ‘Update.’ Let us understand more about this word.
update [ uhp-deyt ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
1. Bring up to date
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Adhyatan
2. Spanish – Actualizar
3. French – Mise à jour
4. Mandarin – Gēngxīn zīliào
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. The following changes in spelling were made, to update them.
2. They came back to Liberty Square with a message: update the attractions.
3. No attempt has been made to edit this book for consistency or to update or “correct” the spelling.
4. Security measures are continually updated and improved.
5. There is no update on recently published crime figures.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
amend, modernize, refurbish, renew, renovate, restore, revise, refresh, recondition etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
destroy, ruin, antique
In the private sector, there is always innovation. There’s always change. There’s always improving productivity, and if you’re not leading that, you’ll be passed and ultimately go out of business. So there’s an urgency to constantly update and renew and to rethink your enterprise.
[TWEET COUNT UPDATE]
— SB19 TRENDS PH 📊 GET IN THE ZONE! (@SB19TrendsPH) September 26, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!