Today’s word of the day is ‘Vindicate‘ Let us understand more about this word.
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
Yes, the past form of the word is vindicated.
1. Prove one’s innocence
2. To claim for oneself
4. Free from blame
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Saabit Karna
2. Spanish – Vindicar
3. French – Justifier
4. Mandarin – Biǎobái
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. She could not vindicate her friend without criminating her father.
2. Maybe at some level, we may be drawn to those stories perhaps because they may seem to vindicate our own failures to intervene in some cases.
3. I thought it not convenient to vindicate him much now, but time will serve when I will do it, and I am bound to do it.
4. But I cannot vindicate Kingston society against the charge of surpassing dullness
5. Late Monday, Barrios issued a press release defending himself, in which he made four specific claims about the various entities that had already vindicated him of the charges.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
absolve, acquit, corroborate, defend, disprove, exonerate, justify, prove, refute, substantiate, uphold, advocate, argue, assert, claim, clear, confute, contend, establish, exculpate, excuse, extenuate, free, guard, maintain, protect, support, warrant, whitewash, etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
blame, charge, condemn, convict, deny, incriminate, sentence, attack, desert, destroy, forget, hurt, ignore, neglect, oppose, reject, ruin, accuse, punish etc.
If I fail to remove Marcos and vindicate the people’s verdict by peaceful, nonviolent action, my methods will be discredited. And if anger persists, I will be marginalized, and others will take over leadership of the movement.
27th Report of the @UN Analytical & Monitoring Team vindicates Pakistan's longstanding position on threats posed to 🇵🇰 & the region by groups like the TTP, JuA, HuA & their affiliates, based in #Afghanistan. 1/2
— Spokesperson 🇵🇰 MoFA (@ForeignOfficePk) February 7, 2021