Today’s word of the day is ‘Virtual‘ Let us understand more about this word.
Virtual [ vur-choo-uhl ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is an adjective, i.e., it adds more information about the noun or sentence.
Does the word have a past tense? What is it?
No, the word is an adjective. Therefore, it does not have a past form.
1. In essence
2. Temporarily simulated
3. In effect
4. In conduct
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vaastavik
2. Spanish – Virtual
3. French – Virtuel(masculine); Virtuelle(feminine)
4. Mandarin – Xūnǐ de
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. Close out Disrupt on Friday with a live, virtual Cocktail Party on Run the World.
2. Explore and connect with more than 40 early-stage mobility startups exhibiting in our virtual expo.
3. Biden’s schedule on Thursday also includes a call with Senate Democrats and a virtual Rosh Hashanah event.
4. Research shows that virtual learning in K–12 schools this fall could widen preexisting achievement gaps in education.
5. That’s why Fortune has planned a full fall of virtual events.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
basic, constructive, essential, fundamental, implicit, implied, in all but name, in effect, in practice, indirect, potential, practical, pragmatic, tacit, unacknowledged etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
actual, authentic, real etc.
For most people, an hour a day playing our favorite games will power up our ability to engage whole-heartedly with difficult challenges, strengthen our relationships with the people we care about most – while still letting us notice when it’s time to stop playing in virtual worlds and bring our gamer strengths back to real life.