Today’s word of the day is ‘Vitality.’ Let us understand more about this word.
vitality [ vahy-tal-i-tee ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a noun, i.e., it is the main subject of a sentence.
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Praan
2. Spanish – Vitalidad
3. French – Vitalité
4. Mandarin – Huólì
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. He was well-groomed, healthy, all a-tingle with vitality.
2. The Serbians, most of them middle-aged and old men, had spent their vitality.
3. They are without respiration or motion, but still not destitute of vitality.
4. It might still be that she would be able to galvanise him into that lover’s vitality, of which she had dreamed
5. After all, the conquest of fear is largely a question of vitality.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
endurance, exuberance, intensity, spunk, strength, verve, vigour, animation, ardour, audacity, bounce, drive, existence, fervour, force, life, liveliness, lustiness, pep, power, robustness, sparkle, starch, steam, stuff, vim, vivacity, zing, zip, vivaciousness etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
apathy, inactivity, lack, laziness, lethargy, weakness, coolness, dullness, idleness, lifelessness, timidity
Nothing, indeed, is more dangerous to the young artist than any conception of ideal beauty: he is constantly led by it either into weak prettiness or lifeless abstraction: whereas to touch the ideal at all, you must not strip it of vitality.
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!
Get notified as soon as new "Word of the day is published"