The word of the day is ‘vouchsafe’.
This word is a verb i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
Yes; the past form of this word is vouchsafed.
1. To give or grant someone something condescendingly
2. To give or grant someone something graciously
1. It’s a kind friend that will vouchsafe as much as ‘Poor fellow!
2. Will one of you, his servants here, vouchsafe To signify my presence to the King?
3. No matter, if only God is pleased to vouchsafe ‘signs following.’
4. But Sam did not vouchsafe any reply at all, to the question.
Some synonyms of today’s word are:
grant, give, accord, bestow, award, offer, hand, confer on, favor with, yield to, cede to, design, condescend, etc.
Some antonyms of this word of the day are:
deny, refuse, take, withhold, fight, reject, veto, etc
Let us display our loyalty and love and embrace every opportunity to become wealthy and strong; let our first object be the veneration of the Imperial Court, which vouchsafes its protection to the commonwealth, and let those who hold the reins of government consider the general good.Zhang Zhidong
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!