Today’s word of the day is ‘Wan’ Let us understand more about this word.
wan [ won ]
What is this word’s grammar?
How is the word ‘wan’ pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Vaan
2. Spanish – Pálido
3. French – Blême
4. Mandarin – Wàn
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. There was a puzzled expression upon his wan, blood-streaked face.
2. He lifted a face so wan, so altered, that the doctor started.
3. The stars were wan, and the full moon shone over the fields.
4. “I wish you had brought in the tent, too,” said the general with a wan smile.
5. For sure you’re not the wan to let your ambition run away with your sins.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
blanched, bleached, dim, discoloured, faint, haggard, pale, pasty, peaked, white, worn, anaemic, ashen, ashy, bilious, bloodless, cadaverous, feeble, forceless, ghastly, ineffective, ineffectual, livid, pallid, sickly, washed-out, waxen etc.
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
blushing, bright, clear, colourful, distinct, flushed, fresh, healthy, strong
While the angels, all pallid and wan, uprising, unveiling, affirm that the play is the tragedy, ‘Man’ and its hero the conqueror worm.
Rita Mae Brown
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!