Today’s word of the day is ‘Weathering.’ Let us understand more about this word.
weathering [ weth -er-ing ]
What is this word’s grammar?
The word is a verb, i.e., it demonstrates an action or an occurrence.
2. Rise above
3. Grow hardened
4. Grow Strong
How is the word pronounced in popular languages?
1. Hindi – Apakshay
2. Spanish – Meteorización
3. French – Érosion
4. Mandarin – Fēnghuà
How to use this word in a sentence?
1. From the overhanging rocks, too, debris falls as a result of “weathering.”
2. The zone in which these changes are at a maximum is called the zone of weathering.
3. Being heavy and resistant to weathering, they are also concentrated in placers.
4. The means of this ultimate sculpture or weathering was lastly to be considered.
5. Though she sailed faster than the lugger, the latter was weathering on her.
What are some synonyms of the word of the day?
Some synonyms of the word are:
get through, overcome, resist, ride out, suffer, surmount, survive, withstand, acclimate, brave, expose, harden, season, stand, toughen, bear the brunt of, bear up against, become toughened, come through, grow hardened, grow strong, make it, pull through, rise above, stick it out etc
What are some antonyms of the word of the day?
Some antonyms of the word are:
give in, surrender, yield, hide, soften, refuse, reject
Staying positive during the storms of life can be difficult. You’ve been tossed and turned by the wind and the waves, and someone forgot to tell you to batten down the hatches. This board is dedicated to sharing encouraging words to help you weather the storms in your life.
Long John Silver
— Bob McIntosh (@scotfot) October 8, 2020
Did you miss out on reading this Word of the Day? Catch up now!